Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Allergy Free Make Your Own French Dressing

Salad dressing is hard to come by when you have an egg, dairy and gluten allergy. I don't like olive oil and vinegar for dressing, or really any dressings that just taste like a load of vinegar. So now my choices are super limited! I pretty much only used Western's French dressing up until Lola's soy allergy that is. Oh great! Now my one dressing option is gone thanks to soy oil! So I started trying a few recipes for making your own french dressing and I absolutely love this one from food.com by Darlene Summers. I made it at Christmas since I was serving salad for my family along with a bottle of Western dressing I still had and couldn't eat. Well my family loved this recipe so much that my homemade stuff disappeared and that bottle of Western is still sitting in my fridge! I have listed the recipe below along with my own picture.






French Dressing:
1 cup canola oil
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt

I just throw all of the ingredients in a bowl and then whisk until smooth and well blended with a fork.

Yields 2.5 cups

This post will come in handy for tonight's dinner that is already in the crock pot!

Disclaimer: It is always important to read labels because brands frequently change their ingredients. These ingredients and brands work for my family but some may be processed in the same facility as wheat, soy, dairy and/or eggs and therefore depending on your severity may or may not work for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment