Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free Bread by Schar

This bread is a box mix that is gluten, egg and dairy free made by Schar in Italy. You can make it as a loaf of bread or a pizza crust. This is by far the best gluten free bread I've ever experienced! All you have to do is add vegetable oil, water and salt to this mix! They have this mix at a few grocery stores in my town of La Crosse, WI (except for at the food co-op!) Luckily for me Walmart carries it and sells it here for $6.20. Yes, that's sort of expensive for a gluten free bread mix but it is worth it! I made this as a loaf of bread yesterday and it was great! It totally beats the grittiness of the rice or tapioca loafs you find in the freezer section. It's also pretty fluffy for being gluten and egg free. It actually looked like a loaf of bread in my bread pan, rising all the way past the top rim! I waited until it cooled before slicing it like the box says. It was great! Finally to be able to enjoy bread that I don't have to load with other stuff in order to not taste the grittiness or nasty flavor of "fake bread."
I have a picture somewhere of my loaf that I will try to post once we are finished moving to our new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment