Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Delicious Gluten, Egg, Dairy Free Garlic Toast

I love garlic! This past year, before I got my allergy test results, my husband and I would toast a slice of bread and then load it with garlic salt and butter. YUM! After I went gluten, egg and dairy free I really missed the salty garlic bread we enjoyed. Since I made a loaf of Schar's white bread the other day that was AMAZING, I thought, "What a good time to try to make some garlic toast!" Here's what I used:

Thin slices of Schar's Classic White Bread Mix Bread (Got my mix at Walmart for $6.20)
Earth Balance Butter (vegan)
Italian seasoning
Garlic Powder
Crumbled Goat Cheese by Montchevre - (You can buy it in a 4oz container. I got mine at Festival Foods for $3.99)

You really wouldn't have to put on the goat cheese if goat cheese bothers you, but I'll tell you first hand it tasted great! I will admit I am terrible at remembering to measure things, so I eyeballed the butter, seasoning and garlic. First, place the slices of bread on a baking sheet. I melted the butter in a small bowl and then mixed in the seasoning and garlic. I used a basting brush to brush the butter mixture on my thin slices of bread. Then I sprinkled crumbled goat cheese on top of the slices. Once my bread was set to go I placed the baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes on bake and about 5 minutes at the end to brown the cheese. Just make sure you watch your garlic toast because all ovens are different.
I have a picture of this one somewhere too and will try to find it after we're done moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment