Sunday, August 8, 2010

My First Attempt at Pizza Worked Great!

A few nights ago we had some company over. Many of my friends know that I make some great pizza and often make it for company. Since the gluten allergy diagnosis I've been afraid to try making pizza since it is one of my favorite foods and I had a hard time seeing how a gluten free pizza could taste good. Boy was I wrong! I used Bob's Red Mill Pizza Crust mix just to stay on the safe side for my first attempt. To my surprise it was pretty authentic tasting. I obviously didn't use eggs but instead followed the eggless option on the back of the bag using ground flaxseed meal and water. I believe it was 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal and 6 tablespoons water to add to the pizza crust mix. This is what I used for my pizza.

1 Bob's Red Mill Pizza Crust mix (eggless option)
Hot Ground Pork Sausage, cooked
Turkey Pepperoni
White Onions, diced
1/2 pizza of baby Portabella Mushrooms, sliced
Mozzarella and Cheddar Goat Cheeses (Pasteurized, not raw!) from buygoatcheese.com

The pizza turned out great! Of course I made a "regular" pizza for my husband and our guest. However, our guest did try my gluten free pizza and said it wasn't too bad. I would use this crust again for pizza but would also like to eventually be brave enough to create my own mix that isn't quite as expensive. I will say though I felt like I got a fairly good deal on the crust mix at Festival Foods in Wisconsin for only $3.67! Most places sell it for over $4.

No comments:

Post a Comment