Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ah Cake!

So tradition has it that you eat the top of your wedding cake on your first anniversary. Unfortunately for me that wasn't going to happen on our 1st anniversary, August 1st. My husband David will just have to eat it all by himself! He's not complaining though. I still wanted to have cake for our anniversary so I tried Betty Crocker's new gluten free yellow cake mix. To my surprise it was pretty good!! Here's what I did:

1 Box Gluten Free Betty Crocker Cake Mix
1 Can of Pumpkin

Follow directions on the back of the box. Instead of the eggs and butter the box calls for, use the can of pumpkin. It holds it together very nicely and is a healthier option! This is great for regular cake mixes too as an alternative to the eggs and oil they typically call for. I probably didn't need to use the whole can of pumpkin since this gluten free mix makes less than your typical cake mix. Adjust accordingly. It really didn't taste too bad with the whole can.

Makes one 9 inch circle pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment