Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A new love for enchiladas

For my husband and I's one year anniversary, August 1st, I was still having a hard time finding gluten, egg and dairy free meals for us to eat that he would also enjoy. I decided to make enchiladas! The great thing about them is that they're also free of all of my sister Melody's allergens! I guess I know what I'm making next time she comes over. This is what I used:

Corn tortilla shells, warmed in a wet towel
1 lb. Ground turkey, browned
Mozzarella goat cheese, shredded (not soft goat cheese) I get mine from www.buygoatcheese.com (a local goat farm), vegan & gluten free cheese would work too if you are unable to have goat cheese
2 cans of Old El Paso enchilada sauce
1 onion chopped
9x13 inch baking dish

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour just enough enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan to barely cover it.  Assemble each enchilada on a separate plate outside of the dish with 1 corn tortilla shell and as much meat, cheese and onions as desired. Place completed shells in the baking dish. Top tortillas with the remaining enchilada sauce. Top sauce with some cheese and onions. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and ready. Probably serves 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment