Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Easy Turkey Dinner


This is an easy meal idea. We were busy seeing friends last night and I was busy during the day so I needed something that would be super easy to cook. Did you know that Jennie-O makes an oven ready boneless skinless turkey breast? It is labeled gluten free and the label doesn't show any of my other allergens. If you use the gravy packet it is gluten free but does contain dairy. I'm not sure if it's soy free since I threw it in the garbage when I saw dairy on the label. While this is fairly expensive to buy at the store at about $4.50 per pound regular price, I have frequently seen coupons for this product between $1 and $3 off. When I see a good coupon for it, I go to Walmart, find the smallest one and use my coupon. In fact, I bought one for $1 around Thanksgiving because the Ibotta app had a $5 money back rebate on it and so did the Checkout 51 app, on top of my $1 coupon!!! Most of the time it's not the cheapest meal but it's so easy that it is worth it sometimes. These turkey breasts go straight from the freezer to the oven. It cooks for 2.5 to 3 hours and all you have to do is turn the oven on, put the turkey in a baking dish and cut some slits in the plastic bag! I keep telling my sister, Melody, that she could even make this meal and she can't really cook.

Tonight our turkey was ready as soon as we returned home from visiting friends. It was still nice and juicy and we ate ours with a spinach salad and some raspberries!

Disclaimer: It is always important to read labels because brands frequently change their ingredients. These ingredients and brands work for my family but some may be processed in the same facility as wheat, soy, dairy and/or eggs and therefore depending on your severity may or may not work for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment