Monday, April 13, 2015

Buttercream Frosting


I love frosting! There are so many good things to use it on....graham crackers, cakes, cookies, etc. Sadly I haven't been able to find a pre-made frosting that I can have. My family has been a big fan of Pillsbury because even their cream cheese flavor is dairy free. The only probably is that now that we are avoiding soy for Lola, no more Pillsbury. I needed some frosting for Oliver's birthday cake this week so my only choice was to make some from scratch. Here's what I used and it turned out pretty tasty and very similar to Pillsbury.

Buttercream Frosting
1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup Soy Free Earth Balance Butter Spread, softened not melted
1/8 cup almond milk

Directions: Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth and powdered sugar is no longer clumpy. Use immediately for the best results. It can be stored in the fridge but it will become more hard (like any can of frosting would) and will be more difficult to spread later.

Makes about 3/4-1 cup.

Disclaimer: It is always important to read labels because brands frequently change their ingredients. These ingredients and brands work for my family but some may be processed in the same facility as wheat, soy, dairy and/or eggs and therefore depending on your severity may or may not work for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment