Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sausage Stuffed Mushroom Caps - Paleo and Whole30


My grandma stopped to visit and have lunch with us this week. I was determined to stick to our diet but really didn't want it to be weird for her. If you know my grandma, you know she's an amazing cook and one of the best pie makers in her town! I like to think I get some of my cooking skills from her! I wanted to make her something special. We bought some mushroom caps this weekend so I decided to try my hand at sausage stuffed mushrooms but couldn't use my normal recipe with bread crumbs and Daiya cheese. This was almost as good but would have been even better if I could have used some sort of cheese.

Sausage Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Serves 3

6 oz mushroom caps (3 ct)
3/4 cup sausage, cooked (use raw apple cider vinegar vs. red wine vinegar)
2 Tbls almond meal
2 Tbls fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 green onion, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Clean mushroom caps using a wet paper towel. Cut stems off mushroom caps and clean out insides. Chop up any large mushroom pieces and place in a medium mixing bowl. Place sausage, almond meal, fresh parsley, and minced garlic in the bowl with the mushroom pieces. Mix well. Divide mixture into 3 portions and scoop into mushroom caps. Place mushroom caps in an oven safe 8 x 8 pan. Top each stuffed mushroom with chopped green onion. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment